The WEIGHTLESS is the perfect harness component for ambitious Hike to XC and VolBiv projects, as well as serious competition.
Please complete your purchase or empty your basket before continuing.
Advance Weightless : Less is More - Ultralight XC harness
The WEIGHTLESS has been developed for X-Alps athletes and specially upgraded for weight-conscious cross country pilots. The WEIGHTLESS is therefore the perfect harness component for ambitious Hike to XC and VolBiv projects, as well as serious competition. Its special qualities include minimal weight, comprehensive usefulness and great comfort. The aerodynamically excellent XC harness also impresses by its lean and dynamic look.
The new WEIGHTLESS is a further development of the 2021 harness for X-Alps athletes. It encapsulates experience gained from all nine previous ADVANCE X-Alps involvements, five of them victories. Seatshell, internal structure and strap system of the WEIGHTLESS are identical to the X-Alps athletes version. A large proportion of the materials used are also the same as the athletes harness.
This ultralight XC harness can be used from a minimum weight of 1.9 kg, and, even so, provides a high degree of comfort for long cross country flights. At its minimum possible weight the WEIGHTLESS remains robust and consistent in behaviour. This is achieved by carefully selected reinforcement areas and a careful choice of materials. The WEIGHTLESS is certified to carry a load of 120 kg – something special in this class.
The WEIGHTLESS accepts no compromise in the safety and comfort department! This harness has a built-in reserve and the protector has an easy handling as it needs no inflating before flight. The WEIGHTLESS has useful and practical adjustments as well as an ingenious cockpit.
Technology & features
Perfect aerodynamics: The WEIGHTLESS back fairing gives the harness perfect low-drag aerodynamic qualities. This performance advantage accompanies marked longitudinal stability. Two air scoops inflate the fairing, so that it remains permanently taut and crease-free in flight.
Built-in reserve compartment
The WEIGHTLESS has a built-in reserve compartment, which connects to shoulder supports. This system greatly simplifies general harness handling and reduces the chance of incorrect handling.
Naturally a WEIGHTLESS conforms to ADVANCE quality and standards, and can be combined with a speedbag choice of all three sizes. The advantages of this convenience are clear: increased harness life and perfect pilot body fit. The speedbag also has a strong but extremely light carbon footboard of the very latest generation.
The WEIGHTLESS cockpit is highly practical and very light. It can easily be detached, has a closable pocket and a separate battery compartment. The instrument panel measures 20 x 13 cm.
Why is the X-Alps athletes' harness not available as a serial product?
- At 990 grams the LIGHTNESS XA is an extreme product. Each of our X-Alps athletes has their own made-to-measure LIGHTNESS XA, with virtually no provision for adjustment. In addition it must be treated with great care. Because of its special construction and materials the LIGHTNESS XA is also susceptible to misuse and damage. Our athletes also have very special needs in the toughest paragliding race in the world, for example this harness has no back fairing (strong wind takeoffs, less weight, better for very fast packing).
How much LIGHTNESS X-ALPS DNA is in the WEIGHTLESS?
- All the structure and the back part, the strap system and many of the materials are identical to the X-Alps 2021 harness. Both harnesses were developed together. Unlike the LIGHTNESS XA the WEIGHTLESS has a stretchy and exchangeable speedbag. The WEIGHTLESS lifespan has been massively extended by selective reinforcements. Also, adjustment options and a sophisticated closure system for the speedbag were developed. In brief: the WEIGHTLESS was thought of as for X-Alps athletes, then perfected for ambitious cross country pilots.
What are the advantages of the WEIGHTLESS back fairing?
- The back fairing gives the harness marked yaw stability. Due to the better aerodynamics (less drag) the pilot benefits from noticeably improved glide performance. For the observer the fairing gives the harness a certain dynamic and sporting elegance.
What makes the WEIGHTLESS unique in the marketplace?
- The WEIGHTLESS is the first serial harness in the ultralight cross country category, available with built-in reserve system (no front container). In addition, the speedbag size can be chosen to suit the individual, and can be easily changed if damaged. The harness is certified for carrying 120 kg – comparable products only offer 100 kg.
What does the declared WEIGHTLESS weight include?
- Our stated product weight is a "Ready-To-Fly" figure. This includes reserve container with release handle, carabiners and cockpit, and all removable foam and protector elements.
Built-in reserve compartmet
Reserve container with handle
Removable foam and protector elements
By Securing your early order of £100 Deposit Flyspain will guarantee the best possible price that will not be beaten…