24th April 2018
This privacy notice is to let you know how FlySpain & Southern Skies Paragliding (Our Equipment store) looks after your personal data. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when using our website (www.flyspain.co.uk)
Information about you
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply to us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking from regarding weight and height). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website(s), link to or from our website(s), connect with us via social media and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you. We also keep a record on behalf of the BHPA who monitor our teaching standards, we are required by the federation(BHPA) to keep these books for 5 years, where upon they are destroyed. By our nature, we offer paragliding holidays all over Europe and Worldwide so we marketing entails us to keep records for clients for an average of 5 - 10 years. At any time you no longer want to hear about our activities you can freely 'unsubscribe' from our marketing emails in our newsletters.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data (for example Caricom API and US secure flight data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies and our service providers who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These purposes include administration, service, quality and improvement-related activities, customer care, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programmes, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Provided that you have given us your consent to do so, using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and flying-related partners. We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalised and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws and social media. However, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out when you provide your details and you can always subsequently unsubscribe from our emails (see ‘Your Rights’ below).”
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email”, opt-out of personalised emails or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), data protection controls may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
Use of tools/"cookies" and links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security and fraud, we may review, monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; (3) transactions and activities at all points of contact; and (4) web, social media and app traffic, activities, etc. All recordings and derivative materials are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. Our FlySpain website and store are fully secure with HTTPS.
Changes to this policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website or made available on request.