A Touch of Magic
|Fee (per item)
Products and courses cannot be purchased together.
Please complete your purchase or empty your basket before continuing.
Add to basket
Choose below for actual price:
A Touch of magic
- The ingredients are classically simple, even unremarkable: 59 cells, A.R. 6, 3 main lines, well-proven profile. Yet the finished dish is unexpectedly exquisite.
To the top!
- Perhaps the most notable characteristic of the Explorer 2 is the way the refined yet compact handling translates into a superior climbing experience. The wing bites enthusiastically into thermals, yet settles quickly overhead. Brake pressures are light yet progressive, giving you just enough information to effortlessly maximise your climb.
The Explorer 2 simply allows the pilot to reconnect with the pure joy of flight. No more struggling with the wing. No more niggling doubts. Just the direct experience, like a scene snapping into focus. The Explorer 2 offers concrete improvements over its predecessor whilst retaining the best-loved aspects:
- improved climbing ability in all conditions
- improved glide performance
- exemplary pitch stability for even better take-off characteristics and collapse resistance
- smart riser for improved C riser control
- increased maximum speed (2cm longer travel)
- greater compressibility thanks to nitinol reinforcements
(Still) in a class of its own
- Thanks to the slight increase in surface area and other gains in aerodynamic efficiency, the Explorer 2’s glide performance surpasses that of its predecessor.
Improved speed system
- The Explorer 2 features a new smart riser with a control toggle and a Harken pulley for extra smooth operation. Push half bar, take the riser and enjoy the view! The Explorer 2 also has an extra 2cm of speed bar travel for increased max speed.
An Unflappable character
- The Explorer 2 has innate pitch stability. Even on windier take-offs, the wing comes up progressively and waits obediently above your head. When conditions get rowdy, it’s more well behaved than ever.
- Strategic mix of new formula plastic rods and Nitinol (Nickel titanium) wire for dimensional stability, performance and more compact packing
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- Speed system with C riser steering
- Gathering (reefing) system and mini ribs on the trailing edge