A Touch of Magic
|Location||Fee (per item)|
Add to basket
A Touch of magic
- The ingredients are classically simple, even unremarkable: 59 cells, A.R. 6, 3 main lines, well-proven profile. Yet the finished dish is unexpectedly exquisite.
To the top!
- Perhaps the most notable characteristic of the Explorer 2 is the way the refined yet compact handling translates into a superior climbing experience. The wing bites enthusiastically into thermals, yet settles quickly overhead. Brake pressures are light yet progressive, giving you just enough information to effortlessly maximise your climb.
- improved climbing ability in all conditions
- improved glide performance
- exemplary pitch stability for even better take-off characteristics and collapse resistance
- smart riser for improved C riser control
- increased maximum speed (2cm longer travel)
- greater compressibility thanks to nitinol reinforcements
(Still) in a class of its own
- Thanks to the slight increase in surface area and other gains in aerodynamic efficiency, the Explorer 2’s glide performance surpasses that of its predecessor.
Improved speed system
- The Explorer 2 features a new smart riser with a control toggle and a Harken pulley for extra smooth operation. Push half bar, take the riser and enjoy the view! The Explorer 2 also has an extra 2cm of speed bar travel for increased max speed.
An Unflappable character
- The Explorer 2 has innate pitch stability. Even on windier take-offs, the wing comes up progressively and waits obediently above your head. When conditions get rowdy, it’s more well behaved than ever.
- Strategic mix of new formula plastic rods and Nitinol (Nickel titanium) wire for dimensional stability, performance and more compact packing
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Unsheathed aramid lines with optimized diameters
- Speed system with C riser steering
- Gathering (reefing) system and mini ribs on the trailing edge