The Viper 5 is a High Performance PPG Wing Designed for Experienced Pilots Searching for the Highest Levels of Efficiency, Speed and Performance.
Products and courses cannot be purchased together.
Please complete your purchase or empty your basket before continuing.
Add to basket
Choose below for actual price:
Ozone Viper 5
Best efficiency for long XC expeditions
Suitable for light and low power engines
PK system and 2D steering
High top speed over 70km/h
- The Viper 5 is a high performance PPG wing designed for experienced pilots searching for the highest levels of efficiency, speed and performance. It features the latest design elements and technology taken directly from our high performance PG and PPG development programs to deliver a super-sleek, exciting wing, ideal for XC flying and classic competitions.
- Based on the successful Viper 4, the Viper 5 shares the same planform, aspect ratio and cell count. Gains have been made by smoothing the airflow at the leading edge with double 3D shaping, improving the tension of the trailing edge for reduced drag at all angles of attack along with adjustments to the internal structure for better sail cohesion and solidity. The proven reflex profile is super solid throughout the speed range and accepts low angles of attack for a very fast top speed, up to 10kmh faster than its predecessor.
- Higher performance allows for better fuel efficiency and extended XC flights so there is no need to fly over-powered. In thermal conditions its behavior is similar to a free flight paragliding wing with very agile, intuitive handling and exceptional climb and glide performance. The use of light weight fabric on the lower surface reduces the overall weight of the sail and gives improved handling, greater feel and better inflation characteristics.
- The Viper 5 features updated risers with a built in PK system directly connecting the accelerator and trimmers for a more direct action and increased top speed. The long range trimmers have the new Rollercam trimmer buckles for a smoother feel and easier adjustment in the air. The risers also feature a new 2D steering system which improves high speed control.
- Combined, these features make the Viper 5 the perfect tool for classic competitions and XC flying: fast, efficient, solid and agile. Designed specifically for competent, experienced pilots, the Viper 5 is a real pleasure to fly and is ready to take you on your next adventure.