Nviuk Skin 2 Used Mint Condition 18Mtr Grab A Bargin and Buy with Confidence from the most reputable and trusted paragliding school on the planet!
|Location||Fee (per item)|
SKIN 2: Wherever, Whenever At a Remarkable Bargin price!!! once its gone its gone !
Redesigned architecture for a more compact wing and integration of the trimmer system for more pleasant and safe landings. Maximum accessibility, even at low speed.
- Lighter and more Durable
- Incorporating semi-light materials and a reinforced structure to offer you an improved and excellent compromise between weight and durability.
More stable and mellow. You will be surprised by its manoeuvrability from the first to the last moment, whatever your adventure and destination.
More About Skin 2
The Skin 2 is the second generation of our legendary single-surface wing, now certified. Designed to bridge the gap between speedflying mini-wings and conventional paragliders, the new Skin 2 is the right choice for pilots looking for an agile and versatile wing, for any adventure imaginable.
With the same performance and lightness as its predecessor, this new model offers more stability and durability, thanks to its reinforced architecture and the incorporation of semi-light materials.
The improved accessibility and the high level of comfort during each phase of the flight mark the difference between the Skin 2 and its predecessor. During take-off the sail inflates by itself and rises quickly and effortlessly above the pilot's head. Because the wing is single-surface, only a short take-off run is needed, making it possible to take off from peaks or narrow spaces, which would be impossible with a conventional paraglider.
In flight, the wing displays its consistency and stability thanks to several factors. With a hybrid design, six small closed cells offer a more compact and consistent structure that reduces the vibration of the previous model; also the optimised distribution of the lines has improved the load distribution and therefore minimising inertia. The result is a more manageable wing with which the pilot is able to manoeuvre and correct actively and very accurately.
However, the most improved aspect has been the incorporation of the trimmer system, which now allows perfect speed retention for a smoother roundout. The accessible character of Skin 2 is most obvious during the landing, when the pilot makes contact with the ground in a smooth and absolutely controlled manner.
The durability of the wing has also been a key aspect during the design of the new Skin 2. For this reason, the Skin 2 incorporates 32g/m² Porcher fabric, with 38g/m² for the leading edge, which together with the light and undeformable Nitinol rods, give the sail excellent durability with little weight. For better line protection, sheathed Aramid lines are used for the main lines and the upper gallery lines are unsheathed to ensure greater lightness. All lines are attached to highly reinforced ribs.
The Skin 2 is born to accompany you faithfully throughout all your adventures, making it feel like your second skin.
And for the most demanding, the Skin 2 P (light version) is also available: the same revolutionary design and the same characteristics, but with 100% ultralight materials for situations where every gram counts and light is your best choice.
Technologies Skin 2
SLE (Structured Leading Edge)
- The SLE provides more rigidity and stability along the span of leading edge but also allows full flexibility along the both the vertical and horizontal axis of each open cell. The SLE ensures ease of movement on the ground and high security in the air during turbulence and whilst flying at speed. With the SLE system there is no longer a need to use large amounts of mylar material to achieve leading edge reinforcement. This reduction in material has reduced the weight of the leading edge and the result is precise handling on the ground and easier launches.The SLE also helps to prevent deformation of the leading edge and therefore with correct care will extend the life and efficiency of your glider. In addition to the SLE, we work on new geometry and layout of the internal reinforcement. This new internal restructuring offers better overall cohesion of the glider and incredible stability during turbulence.
TNT (Titanium Technology)
- Constantly innovating, we always are on the hunt, looking for the latest and best materials to helps us design optimal products. For this reason, and after an extensive evaluation of its benefits and qualities, we decided to be the first manufacturer to use Nitinol in our glider line. Benefits Nitinol is an alloy of 50% nickel and 50% titanium. This technology in our rods offers three major advantages of optimizing the performance of a paraglider, compared to those made out of Nylon: The addition of Nitinol rods in the profile has the immediate result of substantially reducing the overall weight of the wing by about 13%. Nitinol has two very specific properties: shape memory and super elasticity. The flexible rods always regain their functional optimal shape, even after tight bending, no wrinkles or residual mechanical alterations affect their integrity. As a result, the wing's leading edge is then preformed on the ground and allows a uniform progressive inflation phase to take place, which considerably facilitates the take-off. The wing surface is perfectly taut, wrinkle free and without parasitic cloth movements, the glide is thus optimized in all flight phases. In addition, the rods are outfitted with plastic protectors at their ends to prevent fabric damage.
DRS (Drag Reduction Structure)
- The trailing edge has been reinforced with small ribs that make this part flatter in order to spread the pressure out evenly. It means better air-flow and less drag on this important part of the glider. The addition of these ribs gives the glider exceptional handling (better and more efficient when turning) and more control and precision.
IKS (Interlock system)
- The IKS is an ultralight connection system specially designed for mountain and lightweight equipment. With less weight than the traditional delta maillon and much more resistant.
- Moreover, it is fitted with a locking system providing greater efficiency at maximum load. Dyneema braids stitched together with a locking strap.
- P-Series gliders (light), Skin P, Artik P, Ikuma P and Hook 4 P, come as standard with the IKS 1300 kg, a version made to connect the lines to the risers.
- Being 25 times lighter (0,2 g), this IKS model has a load bearing braking point of 1300 kg compared to the 800 kg of the classic maillon.
- Notice: the IKS 1300 kg system was not designed nor proven to connect the risers to the harness and/or a rescue parachute to the harness.
3DL (3D Leading Edge)
- Adding an extra seam to the leading edge on the span axis of the glider helps to shape a compact 3D profile and have better connections to the new 3DP front panel’s layout.
- When sewn together, the fabric pattern orientation and panel positioning are taken into account to avoid creases and ultimately obtain a perfect load distribution. As a result the glider profile is cleaner, to the benefit of performance and durability.
- The application of this innovation to the profile is key to reaching the perfect shape from 2D to 3D.
3DP (3D Pattern Cut Optimisation)
- Our paragliding and paramotor wing designs have changed significantly over time; hence considerably affecting the leading edge shape.
- The latest glider generation requires a new pattern design and an optimized fabric cutting process.
- The new leading edge arrangement calls for each cell panel to be manufactured independently from the others according to the final wing layout positioning, resulting in a crease-free surface with better fabric tension. We could use the analogy of a rugby ball made of different sewn individually shaped panels to obtain the perfect characteristic oval shape without wrinkles.
- An optimised process is used to cut the fabric in a specific directional angle, depending on each panel’s final location. If the cloth pattern is correctly aligned with the load axis, the material is deformed to a minor degree to benefit the aerodynamic properties of the leading edge.
- The application of this innovation, together with the 3DL, is key for reaching the optimal modelled form and function from 2D to 3D.
Ram Air Intake
- Constant improving
- Evolution and constant improving in all our products is the essence of the DNA of Niviuk’s R&D team. Thanks to the new technologies created over recent years, we have conceived new and more evolved and higher performing gliders. In this context the RAM Air Intake technology should be pointed out.
The evolution of RAM Air Intake
- The RAM provides optimised internal pressure for better airflow; therefore, the glider is more compact at any angle of incidence and all trim settings. It reduces the risk of experiencing a collapse while bringing better control and stability to the overall structure. Moreover, the RAM improves the wing’s turbulence buffering ability.
Technology, a priority for Niviuk
- For us, giving importance to small details means continuing working towards our goal. It means keeping focused on technology as a priority. It means provide innovation and quality to all pilots.