New Generation of Cross Country Harnesses
The IMPRESS 4 has aroused enormous interest. This capable cross country and competition harness weighs much less than comparable products Price Incudes Postage !!!
Please complete your purchase or empty your basket before continuing.
New generation of cross country harnesses Available Now May 2020!
- The IMPRESS 4 has aroused enormous interest. This capable cross country and competition harness weighs much less than comparable products, and its folding back makes it is easy to pack in any normal rucksack.
- It will therefore appeal primarily to the ambitious leisure pilot – but by no means exclusively: Chrigel Maurer has already set his FAI triangle world-best result of 342 km with the IMPRESS 4 and Aaron Durogati has decided to contest the World Cup final with it.
- This indicates the breadth of pilot groups intended to enjoy and succeed with the IMPRESS 4.
Accessible Throne: A New High-End harness for a wide variety of pilots
Fifteen years ago the IMPRESS series heralded a new era, and made reclining harnesses widely accessible to the public.
We continue this tradition with the IMPRESS 4. It is the first comprehensive High-End cross country harness with an aerodynamically optimised rear spoiler, and will find its rightful place in any normal paraglider rucksack.
A High-End product, more compact and lighter than ever before.
Intended for the leisure cross county pilot right up to an XC champion.
Best possible aerodynamics
Perfect aerodynamics received our closest attention for this High-End harness. By means of CFD analysis in the virtual wind tunnel an optimal shape was derived, and by much reprocessing work the aerodynamic behaviour at airflow-relevant weak points was continually improved. Any protruding edges have been eliminated, the discontinuities of pockets internalised, the lower edge of the tail spoiler extended, its miniribs constructed with internal seams and even the carabiners are aerodynamically shielded. This work has produced a crease-free,
streamlined silhouette for maximum performance.
A place for it in any paraglider rucksack
- The especially compact IMPRESS 4 will fit in any normal paraglider rucksack
- A new characteristic for a fully-operational cross country harness with a drag-reducing tail spoiler.
- A folding line across the back makes it convenient and easy to pack in the rucksack.
- Its light weight of 6 kg makes the IMPRESS 4 the lightest High-End harness – by far. From 6 kg
All-round protection includes maximum comfort More protection and comfort than ever: now the IMPRESS 4 pilot’s body is completely surrounded by SAS-TEC components within the seat shell. These memory foam parts effectively protect against impacts and external hard objects and match themselves to an individual’s personal ergonomics. A generous foam protector under the seat and Comfort-Foam in the back share the credit for both comfort and protection. Side impact resistance has been significantly improved, and SAS-TEC sandwich construction now provides an even more resistant feature. All these elements cooperate for best protection and comfort.
The especially handy cockpit has a large easy-to-see instrument panel as well as several pockets. The main cockpit can be easily opened in flight – even with gloves. Several cable accesses lead to an external battery pocket. The instrument panel can be detached and instruments can be protected with a neoprene cover.
Flexible choice of sizes
An important factor for both comfort in flight and the flawless silhouette of the IMPRESS 4 is a correct speedbag length. Flexible material means that a majority of pilots will find the speedbag corresponding to their harness size to be satisfactory. (S, M, L). But nature may have different ideas (e.g. long body/short legs or vice versa) so a speedbag of a different size to that of the harness can be ordered. In crossover areas (heights 165 cm – 172 cm and 178 cm – 183 cm) ADVANCE recommends that you try both adjacent speedbag sizes before deciding.
Two-loop speed system with Ronstan pulleys
The two-loop speed system is very straightforward to use. Wide straps mean that perfectly positioned feet are simple to arrange, and centering the speed lines is very easy. Speed loop geometry has been arranged so that those many kilometres of continuous accelerated
flight become effortless. The 30mm ball-bearing Ronstan-pulleys play their part. Pushing the speedloop has never been easier.
Anti-G instant activation
The Anti-G pocket is at hip level, and can be opened from either side. It can be activated in one simple movement and the chute restowed with similar ease. This pocket could also be used as additional storage of personal items or ballast. Or you could leave the foam blank in it.iz
- COMFORTPACK 3 130 l IMPRESS-Edition
- Wind Shield with protective cover
- Detachable Cockpit
- Hook Knife
- Radio Pocket
- 2 Edelrid «Alias Speed» Carabiners
- Air intake with NRV
- Certified foam protector
- Comfort foam in the back
- 4 SAS-TEC foam elements
- Carbon seatboard
- Anti-G pocket foam blank
- 30 mm Ronstan speed
- System pulleys
- Carbon foot plate
- Speed System
- Reserve container (left and right)
- 2 reserve connection lines (one fitted)
- Reserve compartment blank
- Blank reserve pins