CHILI5, the best CHILI ever. The CHILI stands for high-tech, is the performance reference in its class, is easy to fly, and has a very manageable extreme flight behaviour.
Add to basket
- Our CHILIs have always offered the perfect complete package: they are the high-tech, performance reference in their class, while remaining easy to fly with a very manageable extreme flight behavior. With the CHILI5 we have succeeded in continuing this tradition. The glider flies intuitively as pilot and glider quickly become a single unit. This is especially noticeable when coring thermals. The core becomes easy to find and the glider climbs quickly.
- Additional performance can be called up easily and efficiently in all flying conditions. As the first and only of our EN-B intermediates, the CHILI5 is equipped with the sykwalk SPEED CONTROL that helps XC pilots perfect their flying skills to achieve even higher average XC speeds.With many innovations and small optimizations, we have once again managed to improve the CHILI in all areas to achieve maximum flying comfort and efficiency. The result is the best CHILI ever.
How Does The Chilli 5 Fly?
- Ground handling is easy thanks to the user-friendly line setup. Internal seams on the mini-ribs increase robustness during ground handling as well as launch preparations. The handling is very intuitive, and the glider gives you precise feedback, which builds confidence and makes you feel comfortable immediately. The CHILI5 takes on thermals well, so it’s extremely easy to find the core of the thermal. The CHILI5 is a fast climber. Brake line input is directly converted. Control travel and braking forces are designed to meet the requirements of thermal and XC pilots, so that you can still make a safe landing after many hours in the air. In turbulent air, the CHILI5 provides enough feedback to avoid glider disturbances before they happen. This increases safety and keeps you flying on course. When gliding in active air masses, the wing’s high aerodynamic efficiency can be further increased via the SPEED CONTROL. When flying on bar you can control the angle of attack via the rear risers and significantly increase your average speed.
- In the CHILI5 we use a fabric mix of TX-Light and Dominico 30 DMF, which reduces the weight by ten percent compared to its predecessor, without any disadvantages in terms of robustness and aging resistance. The effect is not only noticeable in your rucksack, it also improves the flying characteristics.
- In the usual CHILI manner, the CHILI5 shines with maximum performance, uncomplicated handling and an adequate safety cushion. Good, better, CHILI.