The Lightweight High Performance 3-Liner With ZENO & ENZO 3 Technology
The LM7 is a Lightweight XC Machine
- Incorporating the latest high-performance features from our competition range. It is a light, tight, and compact 3-line package. The profile, planform, and arc are all evolved from the Zeno, with a more moderate 6.5 AR. The LM7 offers a level of agility, comfort and safety closer to the Delta series, with near-Zeno glide performance. Most importantly, it is an incredibly fun wing to fly!
- At 650 grams lighter than the M7, it is nicer to carry, packs smaller, and benefits from a lighter sail. The significant weight reduction not only improves the inflation characteristics, but also livens up the feedback and improves the agility and behaviour of the wing in active air.
- The LM7 is a significant step up from its predecessor in terms of performance, especially in accelerated flight, but with better collapse recovery characteristics, reduced pilot workload, and more cohesion in turbulent air. It is the ideal wing for experienced pilots stepping up to the D class who want the performance and pleasure of a modern 2-liner, but with more comfort, security, and confidence.
- The Zeno-inspired profile, with A-line attachments set relatively far back from the leading edge, creates a strong & collapse-resistant nose. You can push hard through turbulence and gain lift in each gust.
- The Internal structure is optimised for weight and cohesion. The wing absorbs turbulence without chord or spanwise deformation, meaning that the handling can be exploited at all times, even in the strongest, roughest thermals. The cohesion of the sail, coupled with this solidity, is confidence inspiring. It reduces the demands on the pilot allowing you to use the full XC potential of the day.
- A new riser control system allows full control in accelerated flight. Acting on both the B and C risers, this innovative system offers direct, efficient angle of attack control without deforming the profile. The intuitive feel and feedback from the risers allows the pilot to maintain the solidity of the wing while accelerated in turbulent air.
- The LM7 is certified EN D and aimed at EN D level pilots, even if the certification grade is mainly due to the use of collapse lines. The level of comfort and security is closer to the class below! Collapse lines were used because we were totally unwilling to weaken the structure of the wing just to achieve a lower EN grade. True Performance in real conditions remains our first priority. Extensive collapse testing has shown excellent recovery behaviour – better than the LM6, with less tendency to cravat.
- The LM7 is a light version of the M7. It is for advanced pilots who are progressing to the highest levels of XC flying and prefer a lightweight wing. It is ideal for competent pilots stepping up from a lower grade, or those wishing for easier, more benign behaviour than a 2-liner without sacrificing performance. It’s recommended for experienced pilots who fly at least 100 hrs per year, with recent SIV training.
- The LM7 (like the M7) is undoubtedly the best 3-line wing we have ever produced. After an extended period of testing in very strong conditions we are pleased with the end result. It is a powerful wing with True Performance at its heart; an accessible feel, agile handling, and high levels of security.