Designed for adventurous XC pilots looking for a high end technical, ultra lightweight paragliding harness.
Add to basket
The StayUp is NEO’s latest offering, designed for adventurous XC pilots looking for a high end technical, ultra lightweight paragliding harness.
- It provides an outstanding balance of weight and stability, weighing in at just 1.45kg.
- The StayUp’s unique pre-shaped seat allows the most relaxed position of any lightweight pod harness on the market.
- The StayUp can be flown with or without the back protection fitted.
- The StayUp has the same geometry as the NEO Suspender, which has become known for its excellent stability and precision in turns. The leg straps are equipped with manual NEO buckles.
- The harness is 100% made in France, with materials specially developed by NEO and our suppliers, including a ripstop Dyneema which is hyper-resistant to abrasion and tearing, and exclusive to NEO.
- The Stay Up package includes the latest shock-absorbing technology: the removable NEO Koroyd 2.0 back protection.
Geometry and the NEO Bucket Seat:
The main focus when it came to the design of the pod harness was made based on the geometry from the Suspender, NEO’s cross country harness, as well as the seat. The goal was to offer a very stable harness, that does not make the pilot tired, and delivers a very precise turn. Like the Suspender, the StayUp is a different harness from the rest and includes the new NEO concept: the bucket seat, a cross breed between a seat board and a hammock harness.
- The bucket seat concept was achieved differently on the StayUp. While the seat in the Suspender is rigid, the bucket in the StayUp was achieved by a pre-shaped seat.
- The result is similar, so even though the StayUp is not rigid and it can be flown with or without the Koroyd protection.
- The creation and adjustment of the geometry were focused in the following aspects:
- The placement of the center of gravity, the basic aspect when it comes to the design of any harness for balance and stability
- The position of the center of gravity was achieved by placing darts in order to achieve a pre-shaped 3D seat
- Precise “classic” ABS adjustment for roll control
- Perfect adjustment of the longitudinal balance for yaw control
- The addition of an upper ABS for additional stability in active air
- Adjustable central straps (42-47cm) for precision and roll stability
- Overall balance to find the right combination of stability, feedback, and handlingm In the air, you will feel:
Support on the outer thigh while maintaining the energy during the turns, allowing you to carve highly precise turns
The pre-shaped seat allows the center of gravity of the pilot to be in the right place
The pre-shaped seat lets you fly relaxed without needing to keep your body in tension, as in some ultralight pod harnesses
Comfort and pre-shaped seat:
NEO’s bucket seat concept provides unbeatable comfort for an ultralight pod and you’ll feel at home right away!
The balance between the seat and the pod lets you have your upper torso and legs relaxed
The fibre glass back plates allow for loose leg and shoulder straps, thus preventing fatigue in your back during long flights
Various and precise adjustments in the sides, depth, lumbar area, front and chest. A light pod harness should allow for a big range of adjustments as this kind of harness is like a second skin and must be able to adjust to all kinds of body shapes
Not all adjustments must be necessarily used
Once the StayUp is adjusted, the seat of the harness doesn’t have any pressure points and allows you to fly for hours without any problem
Specific materials were developed by the R&D NEO team together with European suppliers for the concept of the pre-shaped 3D seat:
Together with its main supplier of specialized fabrics, NEO developed a Dyneema/Polyamide ripstop fabric that’s highly resistant to abrasion, deformation, and traction while being ultra lightweight. The molecules of the UHMPWE (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) provide a balance between weight and abrasion that is superior to any other fibre. This ripstop is also windstopper and water wicking: because we must not forget that the first advantage of flying a pod harness is to stay warm
Ultralight Dyneema webbing
3D shaped seat: minimum weight / maximum support and comfort
Aluminum NEO and Edelrid buckles
Just as in a classic cross country harness, the main aspects of active security were not ignored:
The StayUp can be flown in a seated position, and you will find the right position as soon as you launch without feeling like “hanging in the air”
Getting in the pod is very easy. An additional kit with a bungee cord included with your harness can be easily installed
The rescue handle of the front rescue container is very visible, well placed, and accessible
The Koroyd Technology has been a revolutionary addition to paragliding and NEO know how to integrate it to make protection for paragliding:
NEO Koroyd 2.0 Back Protection
The first innovation in back protection for paragliding in over 20 years
- Koroyd Technology: Koroyd.com
- 9cm thickness
- Protects the pelvis and lower back
- Certification and tests performed in laboratories:
- EN / LTF09: structure, reserve handle and inner bag tested at the Swiss Lab Air Turquoise / Para-test.com (click here to open pdf file in a new window)
- CE: protection according to the European EPI (individual protection equipment) standards of the CRITT (click here to open pdf file in a new window)
- The safety Get-Up system with 2 manual buckles is connected to a closing system that prevents closing the pod without attaching the leg straps first
Front rescue container with Dyneema risers with “1 point” attachment system: with just one attachment point (to each main carabiner) the rescue is installed before takeoff. There is no need to connect the risers and then the container, risking forgetting to connect them
Large side pocket with zipper (20L)
Attachment points on the side pocket to carry equipment for bivouac flying
2 inner side pockets
Large zip pocket under the seat for the NEO Koroyd 2.0 protection with storage space in lycra. If you decide to fly without the protection, this space can be fully used for storage (17L.)
Storage pocket volume of about 40L
Pocket for hiking poles
Instrument panel with velcro on the front container
Velcro and loops on the shoulder straps to attach a radio speaker mic. or mini vario
Routing for hydration system
Adjustment buckles in aluminum or stainless steel
3-step ultralight speedbar (included)
- Automatic NEO AustriAlpin Rocket carabiners (included)
- Lite reserve container / instrument panel (for sizes, check the rescue/container size chart) and Dyneema risers (included)
- Removable pocket to store food and important things during the flight
Lite NEO rucksack range 30, 50, 70, 90L. (optional)
- Large harness protection bag (included)
- Cockpit riser (optional)
The StayUp is 100% made in France
Made locally at the NEO workshop guaranteeing a high-end finish
High-end upholstery work
Fabric and webbing made in France or Europe, and developed exclusively for NEO by its supplier
NEO 20mm Aluminum 2047 manual buckles made in Haute Savoie (FR)
NEO Rocket automatic buckles “special for paragliding” originated from a collaboration between NEO and AustriAlpin (A)
Harken Carbo Air ball-bearing pulleys