The Magnum 3 is designed for professional tandem pilots:
This all new design includes significant upgrades in durability, comfort, and ease, with massive improvements in the areas of launch, landing, and in-flight agility.
Add to basket
MAGNUM 3 The professional’s choice for pilot pleasure & passenger comfort.
- The best durability to weight ratio possible
- Elegant handling with incredible yaw/roll balance
- The best flare and landing characteristics we’ve ever felt
- The most pleasurable and cost-effective option for professional pilots
The Magnum 3 is a completely new, “ground-up” design. A unique internal structure saves weight and increases lifespan, effectively decreasing the cost of the wing to the professional pilot.
The aspect ratio has not been increased. Because ease of use and passive safety are critical in tandem flying, there have been no compromises in areas of comfort and safety. The Magnum 3’s performance gains are the result of a cleaner leading edge, higher cell count, and optimised line layout (13% drag reduction), all resulting in improved glide ratio and min-sink.
A new internal structure and carefully engineered material combinations have reduced the weight by 700g compared to the Magnum 2, without sacrificing strength. Increasing the lifespan of the wing was a primary design goal – this has greatly reduced the cost-per-flight for professional pilots.
An obvious benefit of reduced sail weight is improved launch behaviour. No-wind inflations - even with the trimmers in the slow position – are incredibly easy. The slow trim setting allows a slower take-off speed in a shorter distance for easier launches, and better overall sink rate and lighter brake pressure for easy flights. In stronger winds the Magnum 3 is simple, the wing inflates smoothly with no sticking points and without the tendency to overshoot.
A new arc and tension straps have vastly improved the handling, making it beautifully balanced in the air. Parasitic roll has been reduced, for an “on rails” feeling on glide. Like all of our latest-gen wings, we focused intently on the perfect combination of roll and yaw response delivered through light and precise brakes.
A powerful and easily accessible flare was a primary focus. There is no special technique required: the Magnum 3 “pops” up in the flare, creating lift and killing forward speed. Even with novice passengers at max load in imperfect conditions, the Mag3’s landing is simple.
Certified EN B with a wide weight range.
Trim risers with improved headwind glide, or for use with lighter passengers.
Choose standard (rigid), soft, or light spreaders.
- OZONE offers a range of backpack choices when you order your wing. To change the type of backpack that will come with your wing, please speak with your OZONE Dealer.
- Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
- 185 L (1590 g) (Extra Large) Backpack, Inner Bag, Glider Strap, OZONE Stickers and OZONE Keyring.
- You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (click here to see the Saucisse video)
- (concertina packing bag), Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.
|In flight weight range**||110-185||130-220|
** For solo use or for 2 persons with spreaders.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF/ N20D
- Bottom Surface Cloth: DOKDO-204432Fm
- Rib cloth: 70032E4D (32g hard finish)/9017E29 (40g hard finish)
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8000U
- Mid lines: Edelrid 7343
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 7343
- The Magnum3 is a new design in the Magnum series for pro-pilots. The Magnum3 offers the highest ratio of longevity to weight on the market today.
- We wanted to keep its simplicity, its simple inflation, and improve its handling and flare for landing, reduce the weight and offer an even greater lifespan.
- The surface area and the AR are the same as the Magnum 2.
- We added two more cells to help sail cohesion, precision in the turn and to reduce brake pressure.
- The arc has been increased to offer a higher level of control of the roll, and improve the handling.
- New diagonal shapes, in order to save weight.
- New tension straps to improve the precision in the brakes.
- The brakes use a shrink system that increases the tension in the TE specifically when you need it, as a result the brakes are more direct.
- The line material has been optimised to save weight and reduce line drag, but with no compromise for the simplicity of the launch preparation.
- We use a mix of sheathed aramid lines for the riser lines and a mix of sheathed dyneema with unsheathed aramid in the upper galleries. As a result we managed to save 13% line drag.
- The materials have been also chosen carefully to reduce the weight of the sail.
- The aim was not only to save weight, but to increase the longevity of the structure, which uses the highly durable porcher skytex 40g with additional reinforcements to strengthen it even further.