The Genie Lite 3 is the epitome of a modern XC harness – although compact, it does not compromise on essential qualities. It offers the ultimate combination of comfort, safety, stability and durability.
The Epitome of an XC Harness
The Genie Lite 3 is suitable for most pilots who want to fly with a cocoon harness. It’s accessible and easy enough for leisure pilots, yet the features and performance will satisfy even the most dedicated XC pilots.
- Stable harness geometry for ease and accessibility
- Supportive structure offers supreme comfort
- State of the art patented Neo/Koroyd back protection
- Very compact compared to the level of XC harness features
GIN designer Gin Seok Song tells the story of the development of the Genie Lite 3.
“Our goal was to make a compact and comfortable XC harness that’s accessible and easy to fly even for leisure pilots. The harness geometry offers a lot of stability and control with the latest generation of paragliders, whilst still providing good feedback on what the air is doing. It’s also possible to tune the geometry in-flight so you can switch between a more sensitive “thermal-sniffing” trimming and a more roll-stable trimming for glides.
The Neo/Koyroyd protector means we could reduce the cross-sectional area significantly. This improves performance by reducing the drag, and also makes the harness easy to pack and compact to carry. In addition, the 3D-modelled aerocone also increases performance whilst adding very little weight. We also worked a lot on the cockpit to ensure the optimum viewing angle and smooth integration into the body of the harness. The entire structure supports the pilot really well on long flights and is built for many years of enjoyment!”.
|Pilot height (cm)||<165||160-175||170-185||185-200|
|Weight of harness (kg)||-||4.4||4.8||5|
- 9cm Neo-Koroyd protector for more complete back protection
- Underseat rescue container with easy deployment system - triplex seat plate
- ABS geometry with fast-trimming system and anti-forget features
- Flight deck with large instrument panel, windshield and 5L storage
- Easy-packing aerocone section
- Double-bladed hook knife can even cut webbing - G-chute pocket (for “Anti-G” type drag chute)
- Large back pocket with pouches and routing for a hydration system (e.g. Camelbak) and radio, plus a zipper pocket for secure storage of small items
- Zipped side pocket (right hand side) - under seat pocket (4L)
- Integrated speed system with 2 step speed bar and Harken pulleys
- Outlet for catheter system (pee tube)