Like the original Carrera, the Carrera+ is for experienced performance/XC pilots, with added comfort, and more.
Add to basket
The Carrera, upgraded
The defining feature of the original Carrera was an outstanding ratio of performance to security. The Carrera+ goes even further. The wing retains its class-leading performance, yet is even more comfortable and easy to manage. You can fly with greater peace-of-mind, perform better on long XCs and land with an even bigger smile!
With added comfort, and more…
The essential new feature of the Carrera+ is the modified line set. The resulting improvements are subtle but significant. The wing handles better in rough thermals and is smoother and easier to manage in active air. As a result of the material character of the new sheathed Dyneema lines, Gin and the R&D team were able to re-trim the wing at the optimal angle of attack. The riser has also been re-designed. Groundhandling and take-off is even easier than before and Big ears is more user-friendly.
New EN/LTF certification
The Carrera+ has a new EN/LTF certification. Pilots should remember that any EN test report only indicates a glider’s behaviour under the standard test conditions. It does not guarantee that a particular pilot can fly the wing safely in all conditions. We always recommend to test fly gliders and choose the wing that you feel most comfortable on and that is well within your capabilities.
Good news for pilots of the original Carrera
Any original Carrera can be upgraded to a Carrera+ by fitting an upgrade kit, available from GIN dealers. The kit consists of replacement risers and lines. We recommend the upgrade to any Carrera pilots who wish to access these latest developments—you may be surprised!
- Optimized airfoil with Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) for stability and performance
- Mix of sheathed Dyneema and unsheathed aramid lines
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Colour-coded stabilo line for easy identification
- Optimized internal construction and line attachment points to maintain even sail tension
- Mini-ribs on the trailing edge improve handling and performance
- Kickdown speed system with Ronstan pulleys
- Gathering (reefing) system on the trailing edge
- Top surface: Porcher Skytex 38 Universal 9017 E25, 38 g/m2
- Bottom surface: Porcher Skytex 38 Universal 9017 E25, 38 g/m2
- Ribs: Porcher Skytex 40 Hard 9017 E29, 40 g/m2
- Main/upper/middle: Liros PPSL 120, 200. Edelrid 8000- 050, 070, 090, 130, 190
- Brake main: Liros PPSL 275
|GLIDER WEIGHT *||4.9kg||5.1kg||5.6kg||5.9kg||6.3kg|
|WEIGHT IN FLIGHT*||65-85kg||75-95kg||85-105kg||95-120kg||110-135kg|
|EN / LTF*||B||B||B||B||B|
* - provisional data