Gin Bolero 7 marks a step-change in the Bolero series, incorporating our latest technological developments.
Add to basket
Gin Bolero 7: The Sugar and Spice
The Bolero 7 marks a step-change in the Bolero series, incorporating our latest technological developments. The result: a wing that — compared to its predecessor — is more forgiving, yet more fun to fly. The Bolero 7 is perfect for the formative years of a flying career, from first steps to first thermals and well beyond.
For casual or more experienced safety oriented pilots, it could even be all the wing they will ever need. New planform and arc gives greater agility in the turn whilst increasing roll stability. 3rd generation Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT) inlet system further stabilises internal wing pressure, giving increased pitch stability and aerodynamic efficiency smooth inflation without shooting early take-off at low speed "thermal sniffing" character new line layout makes lines easier to inspect and less prone to tangles
A supremely balanced delight
- Safety is paramount in a beginner wing, and the Bolero 7 is probably our most stable wing ever in terms of pitch and roll. Yet the wing is also great fun to fly, tight flat turns are possible and it’s easy and intuitive to vary the bank. There is zero tendency to enter a spiral dive in case the pilot inadvertently pulls too much brake.
Early take-off at low speed
- As soon as the wing is overhead, the efficient profile is already producing lift. The wing is airborne at a low speed, and provides gentle forward momentum on light wind take-offs. In stronger winds, the wing remains equally well behaved with no hanging back.
Ideal brake travel
- The highly progressive brake travel means that the wing is easy to control in the turn and this encourages the pilot to learn to use subtle brake inputs. At the same time, the brake pressure increases quickly as more brake is pulled. The full brake range is very long, and thus the wing is extremely forgiving for students and beginner pilots.
- The Bolero 7 will greatly help a pilot learning to thermal. The wing has a tendency to automatically fly towards lift. On entering the lift, there is a helpful biting which minimises the pitch corrections a pilot needs to make, enabling them to fully concentrate on maximising the lift (or enjoying the view!).
- The Bolero 7 uses our custom Myungjin fabric on the upper surface, which was developed specifically for greater durability and porosity resistance. This fabric has been well proven with our Fuse 3 tandem wing, which has been flown thousands of hours worldwide. Other fabrics are used strategically throughout the wing.
- 3rd generation Equalized Pressure Technology (EPT)
- 3 risers / 3 lines spanwise
- Split A risers and clear labelling for easy big ears
- labelled B riser (e.g. for B-stall)
- Colour-coded lines for easy identification
- Wider, adjustable brake handles for larger hands and thicker gloves
- Trailing edge mini-ribs
- Optimised fabric mix including Myungjin fabric on top surface for enhanced durability and water resistance
- Compact packing
- Top sail leading edge : Dominico Dokdo 30D (WR) / Myungjin MJ40 MF
- Top sail : Myungjin MJ32 MF
- Bottom sail : Porcher Skytex Easyfly 40
- Above : GIN TGL 80 (aramid)
- Mitte: GIN TGL 125 (Aramid), Liros DSL 70, Liros PPSL 120
- Main lines : LIROS PPSL 120 / 160 / 200
Included With Your Glider