Based on the Element 3, the Spark 2 is an incredibly easy and forgiving wing ideal for all levels
Add to basket
The Spark 2 is a PPG wing designed specifically for schools and beginner pilots.
- Based on the Element 3, the Spark 2 is an incredibly easy and forgiving wing ideal for all levels of student training.
- The Spark 2 features technologies taken from Ozone's higher performance models but implemented into a concept focused very much towards, safety, forgiveness and excellent inflation behaviour. The new profile, line layout and internal structure improves the efficiency and passive safety whilst retaining the forgiving nature required for a school wing. The planform retains a moderated aspect ratio which has proven to be a good compromise for comfort, ease of use and fun whilst maintaining exceptional safety characteristics.
- Particular attention has been made to the inflation behaviour and ground-handling characteristics to make powered launches as easy as they can be. In nil-wind conditions, the inflation is incredibly easy, the Spark 2 inflates with the lightest of forward pressure, yet the leading edge remains strong and open even when forced by heavy inputs. In the lightest of winds, the Spark 2 rests overhead and forgives misguided inputs, this quality makes ground handling both fun and safe.
In the Air
- the Spark 2 is simple to fly. It is damped in both roll and pitch, with a progressive feel in the brakes for controlled and coordinated turns. The overall brake range is long, with a very slow stall speed, making it very difficult for students to inadvertently stall or spin the wing. Whilst it is incredibly forgiving, the Spark 2 is also enjoyable to fly, tight and compact in the air, beginners will find it intuitive to fly whilst instructors will appreciate handling that is agile and precise. The excellent sink rate performance allows for quick take offs and efficient fuel consumption.
- The risers are simple and uncluttered with an effective trimmer system and short-range speed system offering sufficient speed and solidity to give instructors peace of mind whilst guiding pilots through these exercises.
- Flight tested to the EN 926.2 standard and DGAC approved the Spark 2 is available in 3 sizes, covering a wide weight range of pilot weights. The overall ease of use and uncompromised safety combine to make the Spark 2 the favoured workhorse for instructors and schools.
|Number of cells||34||34||34|
|Projected area (m2)||20.4||22.1||25.1|
|Flat Area (m^2)||24.3||26.3||29.9|
|Projected Span (m)||8.12||8.46||9|
|Flat Span (m)||10.5||10.93||11.64|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.24||3.24||3.24|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||4.54||4.54||4.54|
|Root Chord (m)||2.87||2.99||3.18|
|Glider Weight (kg)||4.51||4.79||5.29|
|PPG (DGAC) Weight Range (kg)||65-110||75-125||95-140|
|Load Test 5.25G||226 kg||226 kg||226 kg|
|PG (EN) Weight Range (kg)||65-90||75-105||95-125|
|Load Test 8G||148 kg||148 kg||148 kg|