BGD Magic EN/LTF-A : A safe, fun and capable wing to learn on … and keep progressing on, long after flying school.
BGD Magic EN/LTF-A
The Magic takes safety and performance to whole new levels, in a colourful and fun-to-fly package. It’s easy to launch, a joy to thermal and exceptionally roll stable, helping students avoid unintentional side-to-side oscillations.
The Magic lightens the workload of learning to fly without reducing the fun: great BGD handling and quick responses ensure it’s always a joy. It has good pitch stability, gently biting forward into lift and reacting very nicely in thermals.
Robust and durable materials mean it can cope with the rigours of training, but modern materials manage this without making it heavy – the M size is 4.9kg.
- One glider concept for school and beyond
- Progressive stability
- Cord cut billow (CCB)
- Exceptional roll stability
- Safety and performance
- Impeccable spiral behaviour
- If you fly already, you’ll know it – that feeling. The first time your feet leave the ground, the thrill of gliding through the air extinguishing any clammy pre-launch nerves. The pure joy of free flight!
- The feeling grows, flight after flight, spilling over like Grimm’s Magic Porridge Pot, never running out. The Magic is the perfect partner, from a pilot’s first fly-downs until they are confidently soaring, thermalling and exploring. EN/LTF-A security keeps them safe while BGD handling and solid performance encourage confident progression.
The Magic is a wing for pilots to train on, and to keep progressing on long after their school days are behind them.
Cord Cut Billow (CCB)
- Shaped panels in the leading edge reduce creasing along the ribs. The creases are more pronounced on larger cells, and CCB technology therefore makes a bigger difference to gliders with bigger cells .
- Snap Locks are lightweight compact attachments that effortlessly connect brakes to the risers with a small focused magnet inside the catch and an internal locking system that holds the handle in every direction except down toward the pilot. This unique design feature means the handles don’t fall off while kiting, packing, or performing manoeuvres. The Snap Lock system solves many of the problems associated with press-studs and magnets.
3D panel shaping
- A very clean and accurate lower surface.
- The shark nose profile keeps the wing pressurised at all angles of attack and optimises stability at all speeds.
Triple finger diagonals
- Three-piece diagonal supports across the chord of the wing ensure structural integrity, keeping the wing solid when brake is applied. They are particularly effective near the trailing edge where the profile is thin and the diagonal ribs are shallower with higher loads to support.
Weight Optimised Ribs
- Thanks to our cutting-edge software, we can calculate the precise load supported at specific points along the sail. We can safely eliminate excess, non load-bearing material, reducing weight without affecting cost or wing-profile strength and rigidity.
Trailing edge mini ribs
- Trailing edge mini ribs reduce the trailing-edge billow around the brake fold, of larger-celled wings. This creates a smoother trailing edge, and makes for more responsive brake inputs.
Gemini Leo Virgo
BGD Magic Tecnical Video
BGD Magic EN-A: It’s that feeling