One for your flying bucket list!
The flying season in Nepal runs from October through May. Due to the Kingdom's latitude and monsoonal climate, the tree line is at an incredible 3900m. With conditions milder than Summer Alpine, there is limitless cross country flying, in regular, constant conditions.
From the beginning, you are met at the airport and taken to your hotel to spend the first night in the ancient city of Kathmandu, before being flown out to Pokhara the next morning. The 25 minute flight provides the most spectacular vista of the Himal and a first taste of the views that you will encounter during the days to come.
The lively lakeside town of Pokhara is nestled at the foot of the Annapurna massif. From your hotel room, you can see 3 of the
highest mountains in the world, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manasulu, all 8000m peaks. Your introduction to Himalayan flying is the vast Pokhara valley. We spend the first few days flying the sites around this beautiful landscape. From Pokhara we set off on a 2 night expedition to Sirkot, after some magic flying there we head back or fly back to Pokhara before our final leg to Bandipur, a traditional Newari village, to fly another couple of days.
The final spectacular drive to the Kathmandu valley will leave a lasting impression.
- Our 10 day tour is designed to maximise your airtime
- Offer you the chance to experience a range of conditions and flying sites
- Build some memorabe flying hours in a very special part of the world!
- The best local guides plus some FlySpain coaching to boot
- Inspirational flying and Xc potential day in day out!
- You´ll want to have dabbled at thermalling to come with a min of 15 hours airtime
- Read an article about our first visit here
South Africa - Wilderness & Porteville 2 Weeks
Having been there for over 8 years South Africa makes for a perfect paragliding holiday. Get some fun flying in the hands of our experienced Guides.
We arrive Capetown or George for the evening, the following day we hit Wilderness, offering a mix of abundant coastal flying at its best and some inland thermic sites. Perfect for dusting off your gear and cranking up some airtime.
Next on to Porterville if you fancy, a massive ridge offering regular Xc potential and an international flavour of visiting pilots, it s a fab spot to get real height and there's a ridge to follow to make your first Xc´s.
- Experience level - Almost any a great low air timer area
- 7 nights in Wilderness, with a choice of 12 great flying sites
- Fabulous climate, great flying, great food and super safe
- The Best Brais in Porterville!
- Brilliant Xc flying in good company and safe hands
This year we are changing the format of the holiday a little. You can now book one week in Wilderness or two weeks in Porterville or any combo of the three weeks in total. Discounts apply to booking more weeks
Dune de Pyla, France
Kite Handling & flying at the Dunes
Dune de Pyla is Europe's largest sand Dunes and makes for an exceptional venue for some easy flying and a great paragliding holiday whilst working on valuable advanced paragliding kite skills.
The weather is cooking in June and the Arcachon area is brilliant for families and friends, the flying easy and relaxed just prior to to the French August holidays.
The area of Arcachon is famous for flying, oysters and its beautiful beaches Last year pilots went away with over ten hours airtime over five days!
- Aims - Will work on roll control of your glider
- Improve all round ground handling and confidence in flying your glider
- Dispelling fears of being dragged
- Master the pitch and roll off your glider in strong wind.
- Kiting the glider up the dune to launch and kite surfing in the stronger winds
- Try a few new techniques for windy styled launching, like the infamous cobra launch!
- We will be camping but you don´t have to
- Fly into Bordeaux airport
Colombia, South America
The aim is to arrive en mass on the 3rd February and fly until the 17th ... our plan is to fly 3 or 4 areas around Colombia for some serious Xc - flying and fill our boots with Airtime.
Our winter fortnights trip abroad will be all about thermalling and Xc. The area is super safe and offers great Xc routes, well trod by the recent world championships. There should be abundant opportunity to get some Xc flying at every opportunity!!
The driver has a Gps so you can phone or radio in your position and he'll track you down, the accommodation boasts pool and BBQ facilities.
- Reliable South American weather for outstanding flying abroad over winter
- Superb First Xc possibilities
- Free Sim for Xc
- Full Aircon retrieve vehicle and driver on hand
- Two weeks of glorious winter paragliding
- Colombian Tour of world famous flying sites
- Avoid most of February and take to the Skies with us