SIV & Pilotage with Niall (Turkey)
The Course is a week of intensive training with four days reserved for manoeuvres and two days for thermalling, xc or free-flying, depending on conditions.
The course starts with a detailed safety briefing and a synopsis of the week's exercises. Once we've checked through your equipment, gone for an orientation flight, the course will start in earnest. Each day will have two flights. After a morning flight, you'll have a debrief, a quick lunch and it will be up again for the second flight.
This will give you the opportunity to practice the previous exercises, as well as progressing to the next. The debriefing session in the evenings allows for a more detailed and personal commentary on your performance, improvements and next steps.
The initial flights will focus on gaining confidence in your wing. You will quickly understand the relationship between pendulum forces, speed and energy, so you are comfortable at building up to more fun and exciting manoeuvres, like accelerated deflations and descent techniques.
- The Venue, Oludeniz is located on the south-east Turkish coastline
- The take-off is at 6500 ft from Baba Dag (Father Mountain).
- After a 10 min glide, you’ll still have 4000 ft to play with above the sea
- Confidently know how much brake to pull without spinning or stalling
- Get confident dealing with all types of deflations
- Learn to recognise the point of stall and Spin
- Learn and practise valuable Descent techniques like B line and entry & exit from Spiral Dive
- Learn the subtitles of Pitch and roll control to improve your thermalling technique
- This is the best place I know in the world for this sort of flying.
- Your instructors for the week are Niall & Rob
Tailormade with FlySpain
We want you to improve on a sensible curve, there's no pressure to complete a task just because the guy in front is keen, get the basics dialled, brim with confidence and understanding and then move on.
We don't provide accommodation In Oludeniz as there are some good package deals for hotel and flight. We will organise:
- Lifts up the mountain
- Rescue boat
- Life jackets
- Full debrief and lectures
- Forest taxes are changeable and payable by yourselves. As is lunch and dinner and celebratory drinks!
Open to Paramotor pilots and free flyers alike
If you've any questions about the course - just email
What days should I arrive and depart ?
The dates shown on the calendar are Arrival and Departure dates only.
The course starts the following morning. i.e. our calendar EP course dates 4-10 march. Arrive with us on Sunday 4th to settle in, the course starts early on Monday. The course finishes on Friday evening, your departure travel day being Saturday 10th.
Courses vary, such as the Zero to Hero ppg course, Please check dates carefully.
If you arrive outside those times we can help organise either a taxi or point you to a bus or car rental.
What time do I have to be at the airport to get the free shuttle?
The shuttle is at the airport at 1pm on your day of arrival. Please aim to land by 12:30 to be clear of the airport building by 1pm (Spanish time). On departure day (Saturday) it leaves the village at 11am and drops off at the airport for 1p.m. Flights leaving after 15:00 give plenty of time to check-in. If you can't coordinate your flights within these times, alternatively grab a taxi or hire car.
Turkey Course: No Free Shuttle
Airport transfers, typically everyone arrives at slightly different time in to Dalaman, there is a shuttle that runs fairly regularly to Oludeniz, or you can get a cheap 30-50 euro taxi, we might be able to organise a joint pick up (shared fare with others nearer the time)
Itinerary for Turkey
Sunday morning 9.am briefing and course overview and discussion and kit check.
Sunday Pm orientation flight
Monday - manoeuvres - 2 flights
Tuesday - manoeuvres - 2 flights
Wednesday - manoeuvres - 2 flights
Thursday - manoeuvres a la Carte - 2 flights
Friday - free flight day or catch up depending on weather
All you need to bring:
- Glider in fully serviceable condition
- Harness with adequate back protection. Obviously we fly over water but take off and touch down over land
- Suitable reserve parachute system that has been checked and repacked within the last 12 months.
- At least one 2M Radio able to receive and transmit from 142.100 up to 146.400, brings a second spare radio if possible
- You need to find flights to Dalaman, Turkey
- Accommodation - we’ll give you some suggestions, but everything is fairly close & there are some great flight & accommodation deals offered up by thompson and the like
- Airport transfers, typically everyone arrives at slightly different time in to Dalaman, there is a shuttle that runs fairly regularly to Oludeniz, or you can get a cheap 50 euro taxi, we might be able to organise a joint pick up (shared fare with others nearer the time)
What's the instructor ratio for the course?
EP. Beginners Paragliding courses can have from 4-8 on a group, you'll normally get 2-3 instructors helping you throughout the week
Club pilot course - 5 with 2 instructors on hand.
Paramotor Club pilot - 4 with 2 instructors on hand.
Zero to hero paramotoring courses - 4 with 2 instructors on hand.
Zero to hero paragliding courses - 4 with 2 instructors on hand.
Siv courses - 8 pilots to a course
Siv Turkey - 8-12 pilots to a course
Guided weeks - 7-9 with 2 instructors coaching and full Gps tracking
How do I pay for my course?
During Covid we are NOT taking any deposit or payment prior to arrival. Payment is due upon arrival only.
Deposits are required to guarantee a place on either tuition or holiday weeks, this should be paid via our online booking system.
Deposits are our commitment to you to run the course regardless of numbers, so no danger of us cancelling last minute
Can you bring Cash? - Yes of course, just let us know
Your balance: Your balance can be paid on arrival in pounds, euros or credit card.
Cancellations: Deposits are strictly non-refundable. Cancellations less than a month before the course or failure to attend a course or holiday will mean the full payment of the place to be paid. We try and keep our course and holiday numbers sensible so as to achieve the great results that we do, therefore numbers are strictly limited. Please make sure you buy holiday insurance that will cover you for unforeseen cancellations or postponements.
Covid 19 - In these exceptional circumstances we are not taking deposits so you can book without any worries of future changing plans and payment for the course will only be due on arrival in pounds/euros just in case.
What level of pilot is the S.I.V & Pilotage course aimed at?
Paraglider pilots from beginner to experienced, the best courses cater to the individual. We have been doing that in Spain and worldwide for years, if you have any queries just email for a consultation as what suits you best.
What's included in the holiday?
Accommodation, airport transfer, boat tow fees, coaching etc, tow equipment to allow you to do that.
- Transport to launch on SIV manoeuvres days
- A safety boat in the water at all times
- Wet bags for radio’s
- Life jackets
- Full expert tuition
- Pre and post flight briefings
- Optional daily debrief using HD video footage
What is not -
- Forestry fees
Do I need to bring a radio for a S.I.V & Pilotage course?
Yes a two meter radio.
Bring a spare if you have one. If the course is in Algodonales we often keep spares, bt In Turkey we travel light